Dear KPSA Families-
We hope this email finds you and your families are safe and well.
We are sure all of you are aware or familiar with the current and ongoing situation with the coronavirus and how all school and sports activities are being cancelled. Accordingly, under the guidance of BAYS and Mass Youth Soccer KPSA will not have a spring soccer season. With that stated, we currently do not have any idea what the future holds for the upcoming fall season either.
BAYS has chosen to refund participating member towns 75% of all fees paid. (the info on that is in a direct email from BAYS below) For our organization, KPSA, this means they are retaining 25% of registration fees to cover their respective costs incurred. Admin Sports is not refunding any of their respective administration fees. We have investigated how other organizations are proceeding with regards to refunds and the â€œmajorityâ€ are refunding 70%; with others doing some type of refund between 75-90%.
With what has transpired to date and the economic impact that is currently being felt by many, this afternoon the KPSA Board agreed and voted to return 100% of all fees paid by our families. This means we, as an organization, will absorb the fees and other costs incurred from BAYS and Admin Sports. The Board decided this is the right thing to do for members of our organization.
We will be having Admin Sports issue refunds accordingly to all families who have registered for the Spring season 2020. These refunds will include any uniforms or other expenses. While we would love to give everyone the option of â€œrolling overâ€ their spring registration fees, without knowing what lies ahead we feel refunding the full amount is the best option for all at this time.
Admin Sports will begin processing the refunds within approximately 48-72 hours. As with all credit card transactions there will be a short delay before it will appear on your statements. We ask that you please be patient and rest assured that your refund will post.
KPSA is a non profit organization and is managed by volunteers. If there are any families choosing not to receive their registration fees back and would like for them to be donated to KPSA, please let us know as soon as possible and no later than Wednesday, April 29 at 5 pm.
We will continue to post updates on our website when we receive them.
We thank all of you for your trust,patience and understanding and we hope to see all of the kids out there playing soon.
Please stay safe and healthy, and wash your hands!
Respectfully Yours, KPSA Board