August 16

KPSA has extended registration for another 24 hours. If you have not completed check out, please log in to your admin sports account no later than tomorrow at noon and complete registration. For any questions on registration including refunds and the season please read the information below in its entirety.

The governor released new guidance today covering the playing of youth sports. It is linked here: phase-iii-

The guidance contains significant modifications to soccer that need to be understood and adjusted to.

The BAYS season start date was pushed out by one week until September 19.

The plan would be to still release a 10-week BAYS schedule, the first week (9/12) would be an automatic “rain-out” to be made up during the season. At our next BOD meeting they will discuss and vote on extending the make up window for the fall season so that teams have time to schedule this game.

Reasons behind the schedule change: Mass Youth Soccer specific guidance is scheduled to come out 8/14 and town clubs will have more time to be able to digest the new changes in the coming week Towns can then work with their Health Boards to determine any additional issues on a town-specific basis that might affect their ability to play in BAYS Towns would hopefully then have a higher degree of certainty in being able to participate in BAYS and thus their team entries will be more realistic

This puts our season start AFTER the 9/16 “start” of school, which feels better — MIAA also came out today with a decision to delay any “start” to their fall sports schedules until 9/16 as well.

Given the unprecedented circumstances, and since we do not have time for a formal vote on this matter, I am putting this out there so that clubs are aware. The majority of the Executive Committee and the Fall Scenario Planning committee members agree with this recommendation.

August 12th

Dear KPSA Families-

After a meeting with Boston Area Youth Soccer (BAYS) and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association (MYSA), King Philip Soccer (KPSA) is releasing all wait-listed players and asking that everyone complete check out NOT LATER than tomorrow at 5:00PM. Registration will officially close tomorrow at 5:00. Anyone that is not yet registered or wait-listed can log into their Admin Sports account and complete registration and payment prior to tomorrow at 5:00.

PLEASE NOTE, we are very much pressed for time and if your registration is not completed by the dead line you will not be able to participate in the fall session. NO EXCEPTIONS.

We will be opening the volunteer section at the same time so while you complete check out you will have the option to volunteer as a coach. Please select that option if you are interested in coaching. Please do not simply place it in the comments or you will not be considered. There will be guidelines pertaining to coaching forthcoming and will be relayed to all coaches at a later date.

There will be "return to play" guidelines set forth by MYSA and BAYS in the next few days. Once those guidelines are released they will be conveyed to all families.

Please note NO REFUNDS will be given under any circumstances should you decide at a later date you no longer want to play. KPSA is responsible to third party processing fees and to multiple organizations that are non refundable. We chose to issue refunds to all players in the spring and we were not refunded, accordingly absorbing those expenses. With that said, BAYS has committed to providing pro-rated refunds to all towns should the season be cut short. In that unfortunate circumstance we will pass those pro-rated refunds on to the families.

We are not asking families to purchase uniforms this season so that option will not be available upon completion of registration. Pinnies will be provided at the beginning of the season for each child.

Due to the current pandemic and all of the safety steps that organizations such as King Philip Soccer need to adhere to with the new strict commonwealths Guidelines and Requirement, we are postponing all tryouts currently. We will revisit our ability to entertain tryouts in the future and provide you an update of any changes. Thank you.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and willingness to be flexible with KPSA as we navigate these troubling times.

Please be safe. 

August 11th

KPSA is re opening registration for "last call" for any players grade 7/8 that would like to play soccer this fall.

Bays is looking to plan a 10 week season starting September 12th.

We do not have complete details as of yet so we are still going to have everyone follow the registration protocols set forth below, register without completing check out. This is the only option you will be given as registration is being opened under "wait list". This does not mean you are "wait listed" it is an administration tool in order for us to get everyone signed up without collecting fees until we know for sure there will be a season. Please do not email us and ask us why you are wait listed, this is normal.

We are asking that you also do not email us and ask us if you "did it right". You will receive a notice after you register. We will be emailing everyone registered on or around August 13th to complete payment. Payment must be made within 24 hours of the notice or you will be dropped. Unfortunately we are adhering to BAYS guidelines right now and are under tight time restraints.

We can not answer any of your questions yet pertaining to "return to play" guidelines. We will hopefully have an answer for you on our around August 13th.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing all of the kids out there again.

August 5th

Dear KPSA Families-

The KPSA BOD is asking that parents please refrain from sending us individual emails with questions that we are un able to answer. At this time we are refraining from answering individual emails as we do not have any answers to questions other than what has already been conveyed. We want to see the kids out there playing as much as you do however, this is still out of our control. We ask that you take a moment to scroll down and read all of the "updates" provided in this thread. Here are a few more q&a that may assist with any lingering questions;

Q -When will the last call for registration take place?

A- We do not know. That depends on if and when BAYS and MYSA clear us for a season. Q- How long will last call be open for and how how will I be notified? A- We will notify anyone who is in the KPSA data base, we will post it here on our web site, we will notify all of the tri towns registrars and Presidents. We will leave it open as long as as we can. Please check this site frequently if you are concerned about missing a message. Ask friends who have kids that are already registered to notify you should they receive an email.

Q - I did not see an area to volunteer to coach when I registered.

A- Correct, In can effort to streamline this process given all of the uncertainty of the future, there is no area to volunteer or purchase uniforms. We will send further instructions for both should we be fortunate enough to have a season in the fall.

We are hopeful to send all good news sometime in the near future.

Best to all of the families and stay safe.

July 31

KPSA registration is now closed.

If you successfully registered by following the instructions below, topi received an email this morning. If you do not receive an email, that means you did not register. Do not panic! We will re open registration for "last call" at the same time we allow everyone who registered under the wait list guidelines to checkout.

Please check here often as we will update you as we are updated.

July 22nd

Due to the recent push back in a decision for fall sports KPA is extending the registration deadline period to July 31st. This means you must register BEFORE July 31st. Registration on July 31st will be considered late.

For information on how to proceed please read the notes below from the previous post on July 8th

July 8th

Those hoping for an MIAA season come September can breathe a sigh of relief that while on hold, there still remains the possibility of fall athletics.

On Tuesday afternoon, the MIAA Board of Directors unanimously voted to adopt the MIAA COVID-19 Task Force's recommendation to delay the start of all fall sports until Sept. 14, ensuring athletics do not begin until schools are back in session.

While the MIAA has announced a start date to the fall season, athletics still hinge on guidelines set to be released by the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). Those two agencies, in coordination with Gov. Charlie Baker's office, will announce sometime in early August what fall sports if any can safely be played at the high school level. That report will follow transportation guidance for schools that DESE is set to release at the end of this week.

"Pushing the season back just makes the most sense across the board", Cambridge Rindge & Latin Athletic Director and board member Tom Arria said. "It would not make sense to have plans for school, which we're all trying to get back to, and then have to change them because of outcomes in athletics before those schools are set to open." 

Registration is now open. All families that wish to participate in Fall soccer may log in and register. We are asking that you follow all steps but do not check out. This will give us a good idea as to how many we have if the state decides to move forward with fall sports. Here is the most recent communication regarding fall sports. Registration will close on July 21st so please do not wait. Please understand we do not know what lies ahead or, if we will have a fall season. We are being guided by the State and MYSA. As soon as we have information we will update everyone.

Below is a link to the Massachusetts Current Guide & Standards.

WORKPLACE SAFETY and REOPENING STANDARDS FOR BUSINESSES and
OTHER ENTITIES PROVIDING YOUTH and ADULT AMATEUR SPORTS ACTIVITIES – Phase III, Step 1

Update June 12th

Dear KPSA Families-

As we move into the summer, we are reminded that fall is not far off and we know that many of you are probably wondering what lies ahead. The KPSA BOD has been working hard in an attempt to try and come up with some stability for the fall season. As much as we would like to have a solid plan, uncertainty still lingers. We are doing our best with planning and anticipating a fall season. Outlined below is how KPSA plans to proceed as of now: KPSA will open registration on July 1st.

We will ask that all participants choose "deferred billing" and pay only $10 towards registration. We will customize this option within Admin Sports and further instructions will be sent just prior to registration opening. We are proceeding with caution and in the unfortunate event that we are unable to proceed with a fall season, this registration process eliminates the need for refunds. It is important to note that the $10 fee is non-refundable. In the event that the fall season is green lighted, the non-refundable $10 will be applied to registration fees. As all towns are in a unique situation with fielding teams and placements, KPSA will hold some form of an evaluation for incoming seventh graders only. Eighth graders that played with us last fall will not be attending and will be placed based on past data. BAYS has asked that we encourage all involved to adopt the BAYS mindset as we navigate through these uncertain times. A brief outline of the mindset is as follows:

Celebration of Soccer The Fall 2020 Season should be more about celebrating the kids playing the game, then results.

Go/No Go Overall For guidance about playing the fall season, BAYS will look to the same sources used to decide the spring season. The Fall season will not start unless all these sources agree that it is safe for children to play outdoor, inter-town sports this fall.

  • Massachusetts Youth Soccer
  • Status of schools
  • Centers for Disease Control
  • Mass. Department of Health
  • Federal and state authorities
  • MIAA controls high school sports

Season Length/Structure We decided to plan for a 10-game season structured as normal with tiered divisions and sections. This is all of the information we have as of now. As soon as we have more information to share you will be updated. We will touch base with everyone as we closer to the July 1st registration open date.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Update May 8th

Dear KPSA Families-

We have had a few emails pertaining to the time frame on refunds. As mentioned below Admin Sports has agreed to process the refunds for KPSA on our behalf. They are not only processing our refunds but many other towns as well. Every town is doing something different with regards to refunds so they have allot of work on their hands. In addition we have had some very generous families donate their registration fees. That will delay the process slightly as it creates some manual work (removing families from the batch refund). We ask that you please remain patient during this time and trust in our organization and its board members that you will be refunded in full.

Thank you and be well.

Update April 25

Dear KPSA Families-

We hope this email finds you and your families are safe and well.

We are sure all of you are aware or familiar with the current and ongoing situation with the coronavirus and how all school and sports activities are being cancelled. Accordingly, under the guidance of BAYS and Mass Youth Soccer KPSA will not have a spring soccer season. With that stated, we currently do not have any idea what the future holds for the upcoming fall season either.

BAYS has chosen to refund participating member towns 75% of all fees paid. (the info on that is in a direct email from BAYS below) For our organization, KPSA, this means they are retaining 25% of registration fees to cover their respective costs incurred. Admin Sports is not refunding any of their respective administration fees. We have investigated how other organizations are proceeding with regards to refunds and the “majority” are refunding 70%; with others doing some type of refund between 75-90%.

With what has transpired to date and the economic impact that is currently being felt by many, this afternoon the KPSA Board agreed and voted to return 100% of all fees paid by our families. This means we, as an organization, will absorb the fees and other costs incurred from BAYS and Admin Sports. The Board decided this is the right thing to do for members of our organization.

We will be having Admin Sports issue refunds accordingly to all families who have registered for the Spring season 2020. These refunds will include any uniforms or other expenses. While we would love to give everyone the option of “rolling over” their spring registration fees, without knowing what lies ahead we feel refunding the full amount is the best option for all at this time.

Admin Sports will begin processing the refunds within approximately 48-72 hours. As with all credit card transactions there will be a short delay before it will appear on your statements. We ask that you please be patient and rest assured that your refund will post.

KPSA is a non profit organization and is managed by volunteers. If there are any families choosing not to receive their registration fees back and would like for them to be donated to KPSA, please let us know as soon as possible and no later than Wednesday, April 29 at 5 pm.

We will continue to post updates on our website when we receive them.

We thank all of you for your trust,patience and understanding and we hope to see all of the kids out there playing soon.

Please stay safe and healthy, and wash your hands!

Respectfully Yours, KPSA Board